Churton is a tranquil and leafy village surrounded by farm land. Its attractions include a traditional country pub and red sandstone village hall.
Churton is popular with commuters who want all the advantages of living in beautiful Cheshire countryside combined with good road connections to towns and cities like Chester, Wrexham and Liverpool.
The village has many houses and cottages dating back centuries and has kept its historical charm.
Amenities and features
Churton benefits from a popular village hall which hosts a wide range of community events, from whist drives to keep fit classes. Farndon & District Brass Band use the venue as a rehearsal hall on a weekly basis. At weekends the village hall is also available to book for private functions such as birthday parties.
The White Horse Inn is at the centre of the village and has a restaurant and outdoor seating area.
For more information about Churton please visit Churton Parish Council.
Historically, Churton was split down the middle and divided into two different ecclesiastical parishes meaning that parishioners living north of the village were to attend St John The Baptist Church in Aldford, while those living in the south were expected to worship at St Chad’s Church in Farndon.
In 1864 the Eaton Estate built a village school which subsequently became a mission hall for St John the Baptist Church. The school hall now serves the community as the village hall.
Churton is no longer divided along ecclesiastical lines and the village now has its own parish boundaries and a parish council which meets monthly in the village hall.
Churton once supported its own brass band, football team and two pubs. The Grade II listed Red Lion still stands but is now a private home.