Eaton Hall has been through many incarnations since the Grosvenors first settled at Eaton in the 1400s.
We don't really know anything about the very early halls but we do know that he medieval Eaton Hall was a 2 storey building with an ornamental moat. It was still in existence in 1664 when the first large Hall was built - the Samwell Hall.
When Robert Grosvenor inherited in 1802 the Samwell Hall was in need of repair and so he instructed an architect known as William Porden to rebuild it. Having been told it would cost £15,000 and take 3 years to build, 9 years later the first phase was complete at a cost of £100,000. Two new wings were added in the 1820s.
Then came the Waterhouse Hall. Hugh the 1st Duke inherited in 1869 and immediately instructed Alfred Waterhouse to rebuild. It was described at that time as "The Most ambitious instance of gothic revival domestic architecture anywhere in the country."
Having survived 2 World Wars, and being used by various military organisations during the 2nd, the waterhouse Hall was demolished in 1963 and replaced with the Dennys Hall.
When the 6th Duke of Westminster inherited the family lived in the Dennys Hall for a while before rebuilding in the 90s, encasing the Dennys Hall with sandstone in a French Chateaux style and creating a modern home.